Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Nothing else is going my way...

I am starting to reconsider finding out the gender of the baby. Just for fun, and out of boredom, I have been looking online for gender neutral newborn items. I found a bouncer I like, and a swing that matches, then I start hunting for clothes and for some reason, "gender neutral" apparently means yellow or green, with giraffes. What the hell?? Why is a giraffe the singled out transgender animal? Apparently, all dogs are boys, and cats are girls. Giraffes seem to be ambiguous. It makes no sense to me.
Not to mention the simple fact that pastel yellow and green look girly! So I am stuck with white, white, and white. Unless of course, I want to pay $30 for a single onesie from a random baby clothes website. I thought finding plain black would be simple enough, but no! Black baby clothes don't exist! Unless I want to promote a random band that I may or may not actually like, or have some unnecessarily obscene phrase about "tits" or "my parents shake me" smeared across the front.

Oh well. We can't decide on a name either, so maybe if we know what it is, we can focus on one gender, and come to an agreement.

1 comment:

Riding said...

Sometimes they have gender neutral deals on this site:

www.greenbabybargains.blogspot.com


Log in around 10 or 11 everyday to see what the new deal is.

Mamabargains.com

Babysteals.com

are hit and miss for items being 50% off and sometimes more.

I hear what you are saying about the colors.

I will make sure to send you the links, if I see anything that I think you might like.