Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Birthday mama!!

Yesterday was my mom's birthday, so of course, we went to Disneyland (since she got in free.) My brother didn't have to work, so we all went. It was fun. There were lots of people there, but we didn't really have to wait in a line all day.
Nic was attached to my dad's hip all day. He wanted to sit by him on all of the rides, and he wanted to walk with him the whole time. Kind of how Norah is with me every day. Although she did sit with my mom on one ride.

The boys all got fast passes to Space Mountain, and while we were waiting for their time frame, we walked around the "house of innovation" and as soon as we walked in to the kitchen, Devin says, "I made that!" When he worked at 3Form in Salt Lake, he had to make all of these decorative plastic things, and never knew where they would end up. Well, apparantly Disneyland is one of the places.








The next room had a stage with microphones, and without hesitation Nic jumped up and said, "Hi everybody! How's everyone doin' ?? " It was hilarious.




The next stop was the face aging thing. They take your picture, and then show what you'll look like when you're old!





After that, it was time to go back to Space Mountain. Norah's not tall enough, I'm pregnant, and my mom doesn't like rollercoasters, so this one was for just the boys.



When they were done with that, we were starting to get hungry, so we hiked over to the other side of the park, because my mom wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou. It was booked for the entire day, so we had to find another resteraunt. We ended up having to wait 45 minutes for a table, and by then we were all starving. It was worth the wait though, because it was delicious.









After that, we went on some more rides, complained about people not wearing deoderant, ran over a couple people's feet with the stroller unintentionally (sit n stand's suck at turning)...










Then the boys went on Splash Mountain. (We complained about how bored my brother looked on Space Mountain, so he tried to look really excited in this one... I think it's a big improvement. )



Then we went on Winnie the Pooh, and stopped for the photo op with the hunny.





And my favorite picture of the day. This was while we were in line for the submarine.




Today we are back to the "school" thing. I haven't taken pictures of their letters for the past few days, but they are super cute, and I will get around to it maybe later today.

2 comments:

The Wildes said...

How fun! That looks like such a blast.

Riding said...

Happy Birthday to your Mama! Her long hair is very pretty.

What was Norah reacting to on the submarine?! Great candid shot!

So Devin made the decorative flowers in the backsplash?! That is coolio.

The letters are very creative. I have not seen anything like them. It's teacher appreciation week, and I think you deserve something nice, because you're such a great teacher.

You should just sing Luda's song, "MOVE, get out the way!" as you stroll along. People should know better than to idle in front of a moving stroller.

I fixed my blog;sorta. Some posts were on Facebook, so I am not sure if you saw them already.

I think you do such an awesome job at telling the story in concise details, which is something I lack. I need to be better at that. It is hard when I have such LOVING distractions.