Monday, July 6, 2009

I can't do this.

I have given up on the homeschool thing. There is just no way possible for me to sit somewhere quiet in this house, uninterrupted long enough to get Nic to focus on anything other than trains. And because I am trying to play the teacher roll, Nic hates me. He doesn't want anything to do with me. Everyone else is nothing but fun, and I suck. This is not the relationship I envisioned having with my kids. So I found a plain old elementary school in a nice area that I am trying to enroll him in, but of course no one is there because of summer break. I think in time, I will get over this feeling of failure, and hopefully it will be replaced with happiness.
One good thing about this school is they have a speech therapist on site, which I have no other way of providing for him, since insurance won't cover it. He will definitely benefit from that. *fingers are crossed that he won't just pace in the back of the class all day*

And I will get a much needed break from him during the day. ha

In other news, Devin will be back in 4 days. I have been borderline losing my mind for the past few weeks, so he is coming home so I don't kill myself. :D

1 comment:

riding said...

Wow, so much has been going on since I last checked in.

I noticed my butt hung up on you. I was at the Twilight Series at the Gallivan Center last night for Jenny Lewis & Bon Iver! You would have loved it; wish you were there.

I feel bad that I did not check up sooner, and it is too late to call. Sounds like we need a good chat, and I promise not to hang up this time when I call!