Sunday, July 11, 2010

3rd, 4th, and smuggled fireworks.



Every year, here in Orange, they have a carnival thing on July 3rd. We have gone a couple times, and this year by far, was the most fun. I don't know if it was because the weather was better than it has ever been this time of year, or if the kids are finally at the age where they don't need to be chased around everywhere. I enjoyed myself, since all I had to do was hold nolan, and sit in the shade listening to music, while devin and the kids played on the bouncy house things. Then when the sun went down, we were treated to actual fireworks.

Race!


The 4th, we stayed home and were boring. But, we smuggled in some 'legal' (lame) fireworks from a neighboring city, since they are outlawed here. BOO. They don't even sell sparklers anymore! Oh well, at least we have a yard to secretely burn things in. I remember being in this house as a kid, and this neighborhood was the shit on the 4th of July. Our neighbor across the street would light real fireworks right in front of the house, and the whole neighborhood got together for a block party. One house would do the bbqing, one house would do the decorations, everyone was involved and it was awesome. Anyway, this is all we get now.

1 comment:

Riding said...

Awe, look at the patriotic cuties! We had cooler weather here,too, for the past two years.

The way you describe your old neighborhood is like out of a movie. I always wanted to live in a neighborhood like that.

Where I lived, growing up, our house was in the epicenter of all the action.

I remember my dad and brothers lighting off illegals, and making dents with them, on accident, to the neighbors garages.