Tuesday, June 9, 2009

school is cool

I had to go to the school this morning to meet with Nic's teacher, and get a lesson plan. I decided to bring Nic with me, and while I was talking to the teacher, he was drawing on the dry erase board. It started off with his name, then he drew a shark, and a jellyfish. Cute. Then somehow, it turned into this whole morbid story, all drawn out very graphicly, about Swiper (from Dora the Explorer) cutting off Mickey Mouse's head with an axe. Then Mickey Mouse went to the hospital and Swiper sewed his head back on, but as soon as he got out of the hospital, a shark chewed his arm off. Since it was with dry erase markers, it was all colorful. Blood everywhere.

I was sitting there, horrified, but extremely amused. The teacher was just laughing along with me, and just kept complimenting how good of an artist he is. I can't even describe how detailed all of these pictures were, it was almost like watching a cartoon. First, he drew the back of Swiper's head, with his bandana in his hands, then erased that, and drew a profile of him starting to put the bandana on, and then erased that, and drew him from the front with the bandana completely on, and a really angry look on his face. Then the axe appeared in his hand...

haha

Anyway, I got a huge booklet of stuff to do with him this summer, and lots of ideas for even more. I am excited to finally get this offically started!

No comments: